View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013   #148
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: TJ Yates vs Case Keenum (Training Camp/Pre season 2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
TK, I enjoy reading your posts but what are you talking about? Keenum has one year on practice squad. Don't you agree most QBs need 1-2 years of significant playing time before starting? Two more seasons behind Matt should be perfect.

Edit: no one will have opportunity to replace Schaub barring injury.
1-2 years... yeah. 3 years..... no.

Aaron Rodgers sat on the bench for 3 years & I'm sure he's better for it. But I think he was probably ready at the end of year 1, just didn't have an opportunity.

If Keenum isn't ready at the end of this season, I don't think he will be. That's all I'm saying. If he doesn't get on the field before the 2015 season because Matt's the starter & continues to be healthy through the end of the 2014 season, so be it. That's a different story.

Matt played 18 games last season (not counting preseason), the chances of him doing that in 2013... slim. Someone is going to get on that field in his place, if it's Yates, he's been here long enough, we should be able to tell if he's ready to start in the NFL or not.

If Keenum Leap frogs Yates & he gets that opportunity... that's Kubiak saying Keenum is ready. If he falls on his face, he falls on his face.

Time to move on.