View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013   #140
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87575 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates vs Case Keenum (Training Camp/Pre season 2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
IMHO, Keenum has loads more talent than Yates, he just lacks the "tangible" of size. If Keenum was 6'3"+, we wouldn't be having this conversation. He would've gone in the top 3 rounds of his draft class. The ONLY question on Keenum would be the offense he used in college.

I think the "intangibles" of leadership abilities and overcoming the "tangible" of size works in Keenum's favor. I can see him as Schaub's successor more so than Yates.
There were tall defensive opponents for Keenum in college and he was outstanding. Sure NFL defenses will be better but so will Texans offense. Case did not have an Andre to throw to or OD. Nor did he have a Foster to hand off to or Duane Brown blocking. IMO, Case look at this offense and grins. I think as far as leadership, Keenum will bring it all and I will compare him to a Peyton Manning as a field general compared year to year based on experience. It may be crystal ball but two more seasons behind Matt should really season him.