View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013   #120
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should the Redskins change their name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I would put money you are wrong. We are back to context matters.

Indian is harmless or not depending on how it is used as well.
Indian and redskin are two different things. So, you really think you can call an American Indian "redskin" without having an issue? LOL, I would love to see that.

However since we probably will never be in South Dakota or a similar state at the same time I will call my body tomorrow and get his take on that.

Quote:
So now we are off to different languages and different cultures? I have never heard "f(*king Vince Young nut hugger" in Antartica. Does that change the intent of how it is said anywhere in the world? Context matters.
Yes, you brought up different cultures. You said you never heard "redskin" used derogatory before and don't hear that term in Walmart where you live.

It's because you live in a different part of the country that is not too dialed in on the Amercian Indian culture. It's no different.

WTH does Vince Young have to to do with this?? I am sure most American Indians in South Dakota know he sucks too.

Quote:
Oh and please on the Spain thing - Link
I brought up Spain because I spend a lot of time there, I know there is a lot of racism over there however that had nothing to do with my point.

You are coming off as "well that term isn't racist because I have never heard of it before, etc, so it shouldn't be to anyone else".

So?? Are you the one that decides what's acceptable or not?? You writing those rules?

I bet you have never heard the term "panchito" either. That's what the Spanish use when referring to Latinos from the America's. A "panchito" in Spain is a little peanut snack and they say immigrants from Latin America look like little brown peanuts.

Next time I hear that term over there and some Ecuadorian gets upset I will tell them that it's OK because Infantrycak in Houston has never heard that term before so it must not be derogatory.

This thread has floored me. I am really surprised by the responses here.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote