View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013   #119
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 304671 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should the Redskins change their name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
What does that have to do with anything? Go walk into an Indian reservation and start referring to them as redskins and see what happens.

If it's not offensive and a harmless, descriptive word as you claim then you'll be fine. However I wouldn't put money on that.
I would put money you are wrong. We are back to context matters.

Indian is harmless or not depending on how it is used as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
BTW, I don't hear the word n*gger at all in Spain, does that make it OK because the word n*gger doesn't come up in conversations over there?
So now we are off to different languages and different cultures? I have never heard "f(*king Vince Young nut hugger" in Antartica. Does that change the intent of how it is said anywhere in the world? Context matters.

Oh and please on the Spain thing - Link