View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013   #118
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should the Redskins change their name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You don't walk into a Walmart and hear rednecks commonly saying some crap about GD redskins holding up the lines but you sure do with blacks. Outside of a few narrow areas (as Hookem points out maybe South Dakota and all 5 people up there) redskin is not hurled around in a negative fashion. It is a word which simply doesn't come up. Fact is for 99% of people on this MB the word redskin won't come up in conversation in the next year other than in reference to the team.
Again, because we don't live around many reservations. However I just don't get why you think the word is OK because you personally don't hear it where you live.

What does that have to do with anything? Go walk into an Indian reservation and start referring to them as redskins and see what happens.

If it's not offensive and a harmless, descriptive word as you claim then you'll be fine. However I wouldn't put money on that.

BTW, I don't hear the word n*gger at all in Spain, does that make it OK because the word n*gger doesn't come up in conversations over there?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote