View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013   #113
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should the Redskins change their name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Differentiate Dan. I said his use of the word redskin was not disparaging not that he did not have a disparaging opinion of Indians. It is two different things.
He said it in an editorial advocating genocide. I can't think of many more disparaging ways to use the term.

Was it disparaging when my grandmother said that "those ****** babies can sure sing" when she saw an R+B band on Saturday Night Live? I mean she was complimenting them, right?

Or what if someone wrote the same thing after MLK died, pointing out that with his death:
"the nobility of the ****** is extinguished, and what few are left are a pack of whining curs who lick the hand that smites them. The Whites, by law of conquest, by justice of civilization, are masters of the American continent, and the best safety of the frontier settlements will be secured by the total annihilation of the few remaining blacks. Why not annihilation? Their glory has fled, their spirit broken, their manhood effaced; better that they die than live the miserable wretches that they are. History would forget these latter despicable beings, and speak, in latter ages of the glory of these grand Kings of forest and plain that Cooper loved to heroize."

Insulting or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
In this case from what you quoted you have missed on both points as he is disparaging of white people and admiring Indians of old. His only disparagement of Indians is those who are left and do not live up to the old standard.
Sounds an awful lot like old white guys that miss the days when ******s and spics knew their place. I think that's a racist attitude. Do you?
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote