View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013   #103
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Should the Redskins change their name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
However if you lived in the Dakotas, Montana or any other state where there are large populations of Native Americans and often racial tension between them and other races you would hear that word used in a totally different context.

You might hear things like "That store is run by a bunch of redskins".

"That girl is a redskin lover", referring to a white girl who dates Native Americans.

"Those redskins are a bunch of drunks".

How in the world can you say that is not derogatory??
I'd like to hear it before I call it a slur. I'd like to see some evidence that the word has been used at all, I don't believe it has been used in any context other than associated with the football team.

Yes people could have said those things, used that word that way. But I don't think they did.