View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290332 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Kolb close to contract with Buffalo Bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Their first 8 games
NE
Car
@Jets
Bal
@Cle
Cin
@Mia
@NO
What kind of record would you like to see after 8 games to keep Kolb in the driver's seat?
I think a lot is going to depend on HOW they lose and how Manuel looks in TC and if he seems to be progressing with his limited #2 practices.

I expect them to try to rely on the running game as much as possible and go with a short WCO type of passing game from what I've been hearing. The problem is that I think teams are going to dare them to go long while Kolb is in there and I think they're going to be loading the box and crowding the receivers.

I think they need to win at least 3 for him to keep the job. The big problem is that three of their more winnable games (Jets, Browns, and Dolphins) are going to be on the road during that stretch and the game against the Panthers is their one winnable home game. If the Ravens shuffle falls apart, that might be another one they could poach.

I don't know if he's going to make it to the Chief game. He might be lucky, however, that their bye is so late. That might give him more time to prove himself.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote