View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Kolb close to contract with Buffalo Bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Any Kolb fans out there following him through OTAs & minicamp?

Looks like the Bills are stacking the deck a bit to make sure they have a QB going forward. They've got Kolb who showed a little somet'n somet'n, then they drafted Ej Manuel.....

Do you think this might be a situation like the Flynn/Wilson thing in Seattle?

I still think Kolb can be a decent starter in the league & I think Buffalo is on the move. Kolb should be able to get them along at least until Manuel is ready, maybe a year or two.
Right now from what I've heard, the Bills haven't decided on the #1 but Kolb is taking almost all the reps with the 1s. BUT... he's having some problems. His deep balls are bad, he's holding the ball too long, and he's not decisive.

Manuel has the stronger arm and is more decisive. BUT. He's throwing too many interceptions.

At this point, I expect Kolb to start the season as the #1 but I don't expect him to finish the season as the #1. I expect him to be a career backup after this.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote