View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013   #70
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should the Redskins change their name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
I don't ever talk about it until it comes up. I don'y hardly think about it all because they're NFC. We play them this year in the preseason and I have no idea how much attention I'll give to it.

It's not explicitly racist to you, but it is to me. I don't expect you to care how I feel. Please don't expect me to care how you feel, either.

No one told my great grandparents, grandparents, and parents that they should, but they did. None of them ever told me I should, either.

But the people who called me and my family members names and spoke to, treated us with contempt? They did.

The people that beat and abused my family in the boarding schools? They did.

No one had to tell me it was offensive.

It's been my experience for people to tell me I shouldn't be offended.

This thread is a perfect example.
Well, it's racist to you because you've chosen to see it that way. If I were you I'd get over it but that's just how I feel about things of that nature and I understand that you don't care how I feel.

The best revenge is of course living well and happily. Hope you can get over all the things that have been done to you and yours and see the world in a clearer light. If you've had a lot of people tell you that you shouldn't be offended maybe they're on to something?