View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013   #34
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 166542 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing's health

Quote:
Brian Cushing to be cleared from ACL injury July 17

Posted 3 hours ago

Nick Scurfield Email @NickScurfield

Linebacker Brian Cushing expects to be cleared to play by Dr. James Andrews on July 17, nine days before the start of Texans training camp on July 26.

The Texansí defensive captain and 2011 MVP has been rehabbing from a torn ACL in his left knee. He was injured on Oct. 8 at the New York Jets, ending his 2012 season after five games.

ďIíll be cleared July 17th,Ē Cushing said Friday at Reliant Stadium. ďIíll fly down to Pensacola and get cleared by Dr. Andrews, who was my surgeon for my knee. As far as camp goes, the first day, Iíll be out there; Iíll be in pads. As far as how much Iíll do in camp, Iím not sure yet, but I know I will definitely be doing a good amount of it, try to get a preseason game in for sure, just knock some of that rust off and be 100 percent come the first game.Ē

Cushing did not participate in OTAs and mini-camp, rehabbing with Texans trainers and injured teammates on a side field at the Methodist Training Center during the spring practices.

ďPersonally, I believe I probably couldíve done all that, but as we go further along and the time goes by, my knee is just getting healthier and healthier,Ē Cushing said. ďIíve been doing pretty much all the work that theyíve been doing and obviously, a little bit more considering the time Iíve been in and really the time I havenít had off. Iíve been squatting, running, cutting jumping. Thereís absolutely nothing I havenít done, which is good, and just reassures me that thereís no on-field situations that I havenít encountered already when I get back.Ē
...........except facing live bullets and hard contact. And he really won't get much of that during TC and preseason. Squatting, running, cutting, jumping are all good landmarks of rehab. But doing all that against strong resistance is a major jump that requires significantly more strength.......something that he will be trying to regain at least through the first half of the season. It is this most important final strengthening phase that will determine what his maximum performance return will be. And, of course, the stronger his supporting muscles, tendons and ligaments, the less risk his knee will be re-injured during various real game-time "trauma."

Go get'em Cushing..........smartly.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote