View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013   #65
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Should the Redskins change their name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well you certainly supplied one I had never heard the other day - prairie n*gger. But that is derivative.

I honestly can't think of a similar for Indians, maybe you can supply some. Somebody will come up with one and I will go "duh" but off the top of my head, no.

Is this derogatory also?

Navaho....

Remember in Young Guns Dirty Steve (Dermot Mulroney) kept calling Chavez (Lou Diamond Phillips) a Navaho? That was his derogatory term. I know it's just a movie, but it's a reflection of who we are, or who we were.

We've heard all the racial epitaphs for all ethnic groups in the movies. I've never heard Redskin. I've heard Red Man, but again, like you said its been more like saying "black man" or "Afro American"

Like I said earlier, I've been all over the country & I've never heard "Redskin" used like the N word. Never.

I've heard "prarie nigha" but usually it's "dirty Injun" or "filthy Injun" or something similar.

I'm not Native American, but I wonder if we've gotten to the point where Native Americans do find it offensive because they've been told they should.