View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013   #58
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should the Redskins change their name?

I voted yes and have no problem admitting that. I also feel things have gone way too PC, however Redskin is to most Native Americans the same as the word n*gger to blacks.

Yeah, I practically spelled it out to get the point across.

How about start a hockey team in North Dakota and call them the North Dakota N*ggers? Sure, North Dakota is primarly made up of whites and Native Americans. The black population is small there but that doesn't matter does it? It's just a team name. Also there would be zero to very few black players on the team, however the name would not be meant to be offensive. It would celebrate the history of black people in this country.

You know what, let's not be THAT offensive. Let's call them instead the North Dakota Sambos. That would be less controversial.

How about Sambo the mascot? They would have this crest on their jerseys ...

Probably after 80 years everyone would be used to the name and no one would think of it as being a racist slur. You would just think hockey in North Dakota.

If you voted NO to changing the Redskins name, please explain why you would be against the North Dakota Sambos? That is, IF you would be against it.

Carry on.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote