View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013   #42
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should the Redskins change their name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
A little ot..... not the same thing, but kinda

What do you think about Uncle Kracker? Do you think white folk find that offensive (I'm assuming you're white folk).
I never thought about it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
They are chosen to sell jerseys. That's why there is a team called the Nads. It's not out of respect for Nads.

George Marshall bought the Boston Braves and changed the team name to the more offensive term of "Redskins" out of respect?
Get serious. Like there was some overwhelming anti-Indian demographic when they selected the name which was going to sell more jerseys. That is just ridiculous.

I am sure Marshall was trying to piss off his Indian head coach with a derogatory term.