View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013   #68
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [ESPN] FB Vonta Leach eyes Texans return?

Listening to Kubiak talk about possibly adding Leach, it sounds like he'd try to use some two FB sets.

My guess is that in lieu of some of the 3 TE sets that we have seen, he'd use a 2nd FB in the backfield.

Even if it's just a RZ and short yardage package, I think that's enough snaps if you have two good players like that. Also could be used as a grind the clock package when you're nursing a lead.

I really wouldn't expect Kubiak to be the coach to do it, but you could get creative with your short yardage plays. Play action would still be an option because Jones can catch and run a bit if teams loaded up too much for the run. Plus you'd still have OD in the game and either another WR, or another TE.

I'd force teams hands. I'd call it the Fucc U, STOP US formation. I'd run right behind Brandon Brooks in short yardage. Leach leading Greg Jones into the Hole, and Jones leading Arian into the hole.

Oh man...You could have all kinds of counters...You could even hand the ball off to Jones sometimes as a change-up with Leach leading the way.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote