View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013   #27
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: NFLN: 32 in 32: Houston Texans must find a way to next level

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Well that's the thing, the glasses.

Y'know, I'm reading all the OTA/minicamp press & it's all roses. Brooks is making the most of his situation (both of them), Hopkins appears to be all that & a bag of chips, Keenum is on automatic now...... etc..etc.. blah, blah, blah.
Easy question for you - Do you feel better about the Texans right now, on June 13, than you did about the Texans last year on June 13? I do. I had serious reservations about the changes in the team last year and frankly, wasn't all that surprised by the late season meltdown. They had a weak OL, weak LB corps, and I wasn't sold on the DL aside from Watt.

This year, I feel a lot better about Hopkins than I did about Mercilus. I feel a lot better about Swearinger than I do even about Reed, to be honest. I did not like the Posey pick at all last year, and was merely hopeful about guys like Martin and Jean. Brooks, Jones, and Crick are all coming along like 2nd year players ought to, and I feel better about the OL prospects this year than I did about Butler, Newton, and Caldwell.

That's not to say I don't have my concerns about the team going forward, but I feel like this is the best draft they've had since '09, and maybe since '06. Hopkins, Swearinger, and Montgomery could all end up showing that they could have been worthy of a first round pick.

I think they did a piss poor job of replacing/planning for lost talent last year. This year, I feel like they handled it very well (except the Quin move, which I hate).