View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013   #47
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed may miss games now

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I was watching the last game against the Colts last night and must say, Quin had a rough game. I've re-watched a few games from last season and have come to the conclusion that we might've overrated Quin. I love the way he tackles, but his coverage is average to below average. That said, I was wary on the Reed signing and am still kinda meh until I see him on the field. Hopefully DJ is as good as the early reports are saying.

*Schaub's poorly thrown ball to Casey that was picked angrified me all over again. As well as settling for FGs and crappy STs
According to Pro Football Focus charting, Quin had 4 below average games, 5 above average games, 9 sort of meh games.

Worst games were against Indy the second time, Green Bay, Patriots regular season, Chicago. Also had the terrible Patriots mic'd up segment in playoffs that was ooof.

Reed, like the Ravens last year, had a very feast or famine year: 7 below average games, 6 above average games, 7 sort of meh games.

Interestingly, his better games skew towards the beginning of the season, including the early matchup against NE.

Ultimately, think Swearinger is a reflection of going cheaper/younger, hoping for more upside. And Reed is more about intangibles, and hoping that last year was more of an anomaly, a risk-reward choice. PFF rated him 59th last year, but in previous years of their ratings (2011-2008) he was: 12th, 9th, 2nd, 4th. All of those rankings are higher than any safety the Texans have ever had.

I'm also thinking that safety rankings may have a lot to do with rankings of a defense as a whole. Despite winning a SB last year, Ravens defense struggled for much of the regular season, got healthy at right time.