View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013   #44
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 40576 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed may miss games now

This is what burns me up. All off the below

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...b-328a0eff7865

Quote:
FS Ed Reed

(on if he feels like a Texan now that he is in Houston) Yeah, man. Once I got finished collecting my money from my other team, you know, finished up counting, I gave it a 24-hour grace period to kind of let that soak in and make that transition, to really get acclimated. Its good money. Guys are welcoming, like it was when I first came. Just starting to get it going.

(on potentially playing in the first game of the season) Like I said, I'm going to keep counting money this offseason. Once training camp comes Ill have a better bead on it, as far as how much I've got. Right now, I can tell you, its going well; going really good. No bounced checks. Im actually just coming from counting my money right now. As you can see, Im a little fatigued from it getting the best of me. You know, thats part of it. Its looking really good right now.

(on if hell be disappointed if hes not ready to play in Week 1) Like I said, I'm going to continue to count. No disappointments because bankin' is a process. Im going to keep counting. Come training camp, like I said, Ill have a better bead on it, a better feel for it. Right now, its still offseason and I've got to get paid.

(on if he was surprised that he needed surgery and how that worked out) Yeah. I mean, I knew. I knew there was something there but it didnt seem major until that first check. Honestly, it was a slight tear and we did due diligence on both sides. Me, my doctor, Kap (Texans director of sports medicine and head athletic trainer Geoff Kaplan), the head doctor here and Dr. (Marc) Philippon; we all put our heads together to make the best decision and that was the best decision. I mean Kap has fat stacks, too, and Philippon enjoys his bourbon and hot tub hoes."

(on if having this injury could be a benefit in the sense that if hes not ready to play until Week 3 or 4, he may be fresher at the end of the season) Were going to go through the money counting process. I dont know when Ill be back. I know what my goal is and I know what the team goal is. But I know being here and just talking to everybody and even when you see Mr. Bob (McNair) there, its about being smart and looking kind of sad when he's around. Money is a grind, man. Money is a grind. Of course, you never want to have surgery. I fought with it, man, because I know that sh!t cost a lot of change! Youve got to make a decision. And Im in the office by myself, just praying, Lord, save my money. Because I dont want to have surgery if I dont have to. But the smartest thing to do, the smartest decision at the time was to have surgery.

(on President Barack Obama saying he looked like an old man) I mean, hes not lying. Ive been having the gray hairs since my first paper route. My bank, working with money and stuff, it tends to do that. When youre trying to count that sh!t up, it tends to put a little bit more stress on you than the norm. Its something I embrace, Obviously, I dont cut my hair. Im not putting the Just For Men in there to try to hide the gray and what not. Its something I embrace as part of me. It says a lot. I have a lot of money and it takes a lifetime of counting.

(on what he was saying back to President Barack Obama at the White House) I just told him, You know what your job can do to you. And he was like, I understand exactly what youre saying. I've been lying and counting your money for years now! It was a great time and I really enjoyed it.

*the above was purely fictional, for satirical purposes only.

Last edited by EVOLVIST; 06-11-2013 at 11:39 PM.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote