View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Mandatory Minicamp 6/11-13

Quote sheet Tuesday:

Quote:
ILB Tim Dobbins
(on being at mini-camp) ďItís great being back out here with the team. Running around here, itís hotter than what I was running in already.Ē

(on what he feels he missed out on by not being at OTAs) ďThe camaraderie of the team, as far as that but Iíve been running in this system for eight years, so Iím pretty sure itíll take just brushing up on my skills and knowledge of our scheme just to get back where I was.Ē

(on why he was not at OTAs) ďI had obligations with my family. We were renovating the house, thatís what it was. We were renovating the whole house. Iíve been having this house for a year already. I (demolished) all myself, Iíve been trying to work on it all myself and just trying to learn another skill, as far as that. But I definitely missed out on some things, learned some names and seen some new faces on this team.Ē

(on if he feels like he let some of his teammates down or if they understand why he wasnít at OTAs) ďIím pretty sure I let some of the guys down, but at the same time, Iím hoping they understand. I hope they understand that Iím here and when Iím here, Iím giving them 110 percent of everything I have. Thereís nothing left in the tank. So I donít want them to have that doubt that Iím not going to be a part of this team and give all my effort on this team.Ē

(on the pros and cons of not coming to OTAs) ďThe pros; I donít want to say it but, itís just more rest even though I was still working out. But itís still more rest and spending more time with my family. This was the longest time Iíve ever been with my family, which was a treat for me. But thatís pretty much about it.Ē

(on if he was making a statement that he wasnít happy with his contract by not showing up to OTAs) ďNo, it wasnít no statement. I have nothing against this franchise, this organization. I appreciate the contract they gave me. As a person, you always want more though, but itís definitely nothing with that at all.Ē

(on if heís worried about losing his job or being demoted because he didnít show up to OTAs) ďMy first goal here on this team is special teams and I hope they know I know how to do that. As far as being a starter or a backup, I feel like thatís second nature. I feel like my role on this team is special teams. Itíd be a positive thing for me to play on defense but I have no control of that.Ē

(on what head coach Gary Kubiak has said to him) ďWe have not spoken today. I am looking forward to it. Iím sure itís not going to be anything polite. I already know how he feels about the whole situation and I feel disappointed in myself, but there was nothing I could do about it. It was something I had to do for my family.Ē

(on if he would do anything different if he could do it all over again) ďNo, I would not. I would do it all the same way.Ē

(on if it was his decision or his agentís decision not to go to OTAs) ďThis was pretty much my mine; all mine.Ē

(on what type of role his agent played in the decision not to attend OTAs) ďAt first, I was nervous about the whole situation because I had never done this before in my career. I kept calling to make sure there was nothing they could do, to make sure they didnít want to fire me. I had to make sure what was mandatory, what was not mandatory. So I was pretty much on top of making sure I didnít miss anything.Ē

(on what he did to work out while he was not at OTAs) ďI trained at D1 (Sports Training) in Nashville, Tenn. I pretty much did some boot camps for a little bit. Then I started practicing with a college guy named Sam that goes to Austin Peay and then I just jumped on his program and started working out and running with him.Ē

(on how he was received in the locker room) ďEverybody, they seemed like they were happy to see me but I was happy to see them. I feel like everybody was happy I came back, but at the same time, I just came here to work.Ē

(on head coach Gary Kubiak had expressed disappointment that he was going to miss OTAs) ďBefore I had made a decision, I had came here and worked out for like two days because he wanted me to and I talked to him and he let me know then and there that he was disappointed. But it was still my decision if I would come or not. He just let me know, if I was not here, he was going (to be) disappointed and that he expects me to be here.Ē

(on if he understands that some fans are upset that he was not at OTAs) ďI have no idea about the fans because when Iím gone, Iím gone. I didnít look at the news, I didnít watch the news or read the newspapers. I didnít do anything. But I hope they know Iím here. Iím ready to work because I donít feel like I lost anything.Ē