View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013   #11
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [ESPN] FB Vonta Leach eyes Texans return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Eh, I don't know about that. They worked together roughly just a little more then 1 season, which doesn't seem like a whole lot to judge on. Arian did have his best season w/ Leach at the lead but Arian continued to produce pretty well once Leach was gone & actually slightly outproduced Ray Rice in yards over the last 2 seasons who had Leach leading the way for him.

I like Leach, but I think Jones has a bit more to offer if he can stay healthy. Jones has been considered the best FB in the past & having been a former tailback in college & having filled in for MJD in the past in a pinch, I think his physical capabilities outweigh Leach's in terms of being able to run & catch the ball. Jones seemed to be limited in an absolutely horrible offense in Jax, but he still led MJD to being amongst the best despite MJD being the focus of every defense they faced.

Leach may overvalue his skills, which means his price tag will reflect it IMO. I can't see the Texans ditching Jones or stashing Leach on the bench, so I believe Leach may have to look elsewhere for employment. At least he got a ring...
Yeah but that was foster best season, not to mention his YPC was at his career high. I dont care i think Jones is a beast, i mean the guy is stout and i have no doubt he can crack some heads and clear running lanes for foster. Jones is the only reason i dont really care, but if not for jones then yes leach would def be needed.