View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013   #39
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [ESPN] FB Vonta Leach eyes Texans return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I don't remember all that, but why wouldn't he?

And why would they (the Texans)? He understood the business end of it and took a payday that he knew he would never have a chance to make again. I have no hard feelings for him bailing to Baltimore.

Fair enough. Jones has no accolades because he played on a shotty Jacksonville team, IIRC.
IMHO, Leach was a small cog in a big machine and made himself a bigger part of that machine than was reasonable. I guess I don't really blame him for looking for a bigger payday but don't come crawling back looking for more. IMO, Leach should feel lucky to even get an NFL contract because the FB position is such a nonessential position today. As admirable as the FB position is, in terms of manliness, it's not really essential in today's NFL. I don't see last years failures at RB as a problem with FB play as much as a problem with the right side of the Texans OL.

I still have hard feelings for Leach leaving for Baltimore. Can't help it. Don't apologize for it.