View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013   #31
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [ESPN] FB Vonta Leach eyes Texans return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Didn't Vonta have to actively lobby to get pro bowl accolades a couple of years ago?
I don't see where you get the self-aggrandizing.

Anyway as I recall things the lobbying was by Leach's teammates particularly AJ and Foster:

Quote:
Texans fullback Vonta Leach has yet to make the Pro Bowl in his seven NFL seasons. Two of his most prominent teammates took it upon themselves on Wednesday to campaign for him in the locker room.
Wide receiver Andre Johnson, a four-time Pro Bowler, wore a “Send Leach to the Beach” T-shirt during his interview session with reporters.
“We are trying to get Vonta Leach over to Hawaii, so I need everybody to go to NFL.com and vote for Vonta Leach and send him to Hawaii,” Johnson said. “I think he deserves it.”
Link

Frankly that wasn't needed as he was also 1st team All-Pro in 2010.