View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 237890 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Mandatory Minicamp 6/11-13

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
Quote:
RT @JPalmerCSN: "If you ask my trainers, you ask my doctor, they can't believe where I'm at right now." - #Texans Ed Reed about his recovery

OTAs have 1st team vets. Minicamp doesn't. Today hats, not full speed. Catching young guys up. #Texans RT @mayj6: dif in minicamp and otas?

@HoustonTexans minicamp: FWIW, Tim Dobbins looks in great condition. So mostly, no story, move along now, nothing to see here

@HoustonTexans minicamp: Biggest beneficiary of extra rookie reps? Maybe Quessenberry. Kubiak was positive about his work at RT.

@HoustonTexans minicamp: Kubiak described Foster/D Brown as doing good, said good things about Posey doing rehab on side field.

Best news for #Texans fans? Ed Reed characterized his labrum tear as slight compared to previous hip surgery he said was much more involved

Today's news RT @taniaganguli: Reed said he thinks this might have happened when "a certain quarterback" (Tom Brady) kicked him in playoffs[laughing]

The Ed Reed "goal" is NYC. His general response was he won't have good sense of timetable for return until camp. #Texans

Now THIS is a media scrum. Ed Reed speaks. Pretty detailed-except didn't volunteer any rehabilitation details http://mypict.me/o8U9T
PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:
TE Adam Schiltz (6-4, 256lbs.) from Emporia State who was signed last week got his first work at mini camp today. #Texans

Also undrafted tight end out of Rice, Taylor Cook is on a tryout basis with the #Texans during mini camp.

#Texans also had tryout players in LS Brandon Hartson and TE Nathan Overbay.

Love Leach as much as the next person. Financials and mainly Greg Jones will prevent that from a Leach return. #Texans

Mini camp focused on younger players. Veterans taken care of by Kubiak. Dobbins did go through entire practice. #Texans

Oh. RT @Zepp1978: And the plot thickens. RT @ProFootballTalk: Vonta Leach wants to return to the #Texans http://wp.me/p14QSB-9bS7

Slow day at mini camp. Reed and Dobbins were the main attraction. #Texans
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
Quote:
In meeting w/ the media, Reed gave the standard veteran answer (rehab is a process) when asked if he would be ready by week 1. Didn't commit

Slippery slope for Reed and other vets. How much do they confer to teams about their injuries and dings during free agency?

Reed didn't think the injury was all that bad before signing with Texans, but "all parties" decided to check it out more afterwards.

After listening to Ed Reed speak about his hip issue, it is seems obvious to me that the Texans did NOT know about it before signing him

Reed didn't think the injury was all that bad before signing with Texans, but "all parties" decided to check it out more afterwards.

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Spoke to someone familiar with Reed's visit who said he had multiple MRIs during his initial visit and none revealed a torn labrum.

Quote:
#Texans had 3 tryout guys at minicamp today. One was former Rice TE Taylor Cook. Another former UH long snapper Brandon Hartson.

Oh, also, despite Devier Posey's statements last week, Kubiak is not going to have him doing healthy player stuff this week. #Texans

also, Kubiak said that. RT @lancezierlein: After listening to Ed Reed speak, it is seems obvious Texans did NOT know about it before signing

Oh, also, those of you saying Reed should get over Brady kicking him: he is over it. Was laughing as he mentioned it. #Texans

Reed volunteered the note bout the MCLs to answer "if you've got any questions about my heart and how I play and how I work." #Texans

Reed also said he played in the Super Bowl with two MCL sprains including a second degree MCL sprain in his left knee. #Texans #Ravens

Arthroscopic hip surgery recovery time can increase significantly if you need bone work. That Reed didn't is a good sign for him. #Texans

Last time Reed had this hip surgery, it required shaving a bone spur also. This time just soft tissue work, less significant. #Texans

Reed said he did not have an MRI on his initial visit but did when he "came back." unclear if that's before or after signing. #Texans

Reed didn't say Brady's name at first, we coaxed it out of him. He said Brady called him later to apologize. #Texans

Ed Reed said he thinks this might have happened when "a certain quarterback" (tom Brady) kicked him in the playoffs. #Texans

12 minutes with Reed. Here he is leaving. #Texans http://twitpic.com/cwpfu5

Tim Dobbins said Kubiak made it clear he was disappointed in Dobbins' decision not to attend OTAs before they started. #Texans
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
Quote:
"My goal is New York. It’s not San Diego, it’s not Baltimore, it’s not New England, it’s not the Colts. It’s New York." -Ed Reed #Texans

"Yeah, I’m older, but I’m still gonna give everything I have to give. I made promises that I intend to keep." -Ed Reed

Ed Reed called this a “minor procedure” compared to reconstructive hip surgery that caused him to start 2010 season on PUP

Ed Reed said only play he can figure caused hip issue was kick from Tom Brady in playoffs, "but that's neither here nor there"

Ed Reed said he didn’t know he’d need surgery when he signed. Decided to look at hip again after he joined #Texans & started running

Ed Reed said only play he can figure caused hip issue was kick from Tom Brady in playoffs, "but that's neither here nor there"

Ed Reed said he didn’t know he’d need surgery when he signed. Decided to look at hip again after he joined #Texans & started running

Ed Reed: "It’s going well right now. There’s really no timeline. We’re just gonna keep on grinding & keep on working & shoot for September."

Ed Reed said he had "minor" hip surgery in Vail, CO, on April 30 to fix a "slight tear in the labrum" #Texans

6th-round pick David Quessenberry has gotten 1st-team reps at right T b/c of injuries. Is impressing Gary Kubiak #Texans

Rookie T Brennan Williams will be back for training camp but is still out w/ a May knee injury. Has missed most of the spring

Gary Kubiak on Case Keenum: "He's gonna be very competitive when we go to camp. He took advantage of last year." #Texans

QBs Matt Schaub and TJ Yates are not practicing during mini-camp. Case Keenum ran the show in practice today #Texans

Tim Dobbins: "I hope they understand that I'm here and when I'm here, I'm giving them 110% of everything I have." #Texans

"It wasn't a statement. I appreciate the contract they gave me." -ILB Tim Dobbins on missing OTAs #Texans

Tim Dobbins said he missed OTAs b/c he was renovating his house in Nashville. Has done it all himself, trying to learn a new skill set

ILB Tim Dobbins is practicing at mini-camp after sitting out (voluntary) OTAs for what he called family obligations #Texans

Gary Kubiak on Ed Reed: "We're just working the rehab process and continuing what he's been doing in Atlanta. It's good to have him back."

Ed Reed is back with the #Texans during mandatory mini-camp after rehabbing from hip surgery in Colorado and Atlanta

The #Texans just finished their 1st practice of mini-camp. Veteran starters and a few key backups are resting

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
"If you ask my trainers, you ask my doctor, they can't believe where I'm at right now." - #Texans Ed Reed about his recovery. #Texanstalk

Ed Reed Said hip surgery didn't require anything concerning bone & was just soft tissue. Added it wasnt as major as previous hip surgery

Reed said that "it happened in a days time" deciding to have the surgery. #texans. #texanstalk.

all vets going in early. Danieal Manning stayed the entire practice in the heat calling plays with Kubiak and coaching #texans secondary

Gary Kubiak said that #texans didn't know that Reed was going to require surgery and didn't know he had a torn labrum. #texanstalk

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans
Quote:
Picking up Vonta Leach w/ Greg Jones already on #Texans roster seems unlikely, according to @TexansVoice. #TexansRadio

"Even in the Super Bowl I had 2 MCL sprains. So if you got any questions, I think that can answer it about my heart." @TwentyER #TexansRadio

"We'll be fine. Trust me, we'll be fine." -@TwentyER #Texans

"It's going well, there's really no timeline but we're going to keep grinding and shoot for September." @TwentyER on rehab #TexansRadio

He's very comfortable; it's second nature to him now. He ran the team today. He took advatage of last year. -Kubiak on @casekeenum7 #Texans

"I'm not so concerned about the physically part, I'm finidng out where they are mentally." -Kubiak on young players in minicamp #TexansRadio

NT @EarlMitchell92 looking good in OTAs, but nose tackle position probably the thinnest for #Texans. -@NickScurfield on #TexansRadio

Kubiak says not all guys will make the team, but all will play in the NFL. Preparing rookies for shot in the League. #TexansRadio

Kubiak using minicamp as a test, chance for young guys to get first team reps & show coaches what they've learned, via @NickScurfield

"My goal is New York," Reed on his and team's main goal.

S Ed Reed said the process of realizing the need to get surgery happened in a day's span. pic.twitter.com/VcLuHMRD19

"Smartest thing is to be ready when it counts,"-- @TwentyER

Safety Ed Reed said his injury was noticed after he started working out w/#Texans. "This 1 was a minor procedure."

Last edited by Playoffs; 06-11-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote