View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013   #382
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I didn't try to find the quote but Kubiak said during OTAs that Brandon Brooks was the starting RG. When did that change? I haven't heard nor read about it.
Quote:
Brandon Brooks has been working with the first team since the beginning of OTAs.

But on Thursday, head coach Gary Kubiak confirmed that Brooks is the team's starting right guard, at least for now.

“He’s right there. That’s his," Kubiak said. "He’s got to line up every day and earn it. I think he worked through it last year and at the end of last year I think he was playing that way so I think he’s earned the opportunity to be that guy, so we’ll see if he can hang on.”

“It’s been really good. The biggest thing is any time you’ve got a young player and you say, OK, you’re a starter.’ The best thing you can have happen is that you don’t really notice him. And that’s kind of what’s happened," Kubiak said. "He went in there, he’s done his job. He understands what we’re doing now. He’s got the tools of a big-time player. So it will all just be up to him. He’s come a long way. I think he’s very comfortable in his own skin right now in what he’s doing and feeling good about himself.”
http://www.csnhouston.com/football-h...rg-brooks-lose
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote