View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013   #377
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Agreed! And if it weren't for a few MAs he would've been really good. I think he's going to take a huge step this season and be the full time starter. I can't stand it when Kubiak has a rotation going with an oline position. Especially running the ZBS where the oline works as one.

No more rotations, please! Choose your RT in camp and go with him
We started last season with Caldwell at RG & Butler at RT. When they both got hurt, our depth suddenly dissipated. Ben Jones surprised everyone & started early. However, like all young players struggled to maintain focus & perform at his best down after down, series after series.

The rotation had nothing to do with not being able to decide on who he wanted his RG or RT to be. It was about maintaining a level of consistency of play.

To me, it doesn't make sense to "waste" a year (2012) on getting one player ready. We know there's going to be a drop off when we bring a new player into the line, unless we get a blue chip player, which isn't going to happen [for one, we'll never select in the top 10 again, :fingers crossed:] then waste another (2013) year to bring someone in at LG. Get them both up to speed in 2012 & kick some doors in in 2013.

I think Ben Jones will be our RG, he did a good job at that position for a rookie. Brandon Brooks will be our LG.