View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013   #374
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think that THIS is what Kubiak is hoping, at least for the future:

Brown - Quessenberry - Myers - Brooks - Newton/Williams

Quess may or may not beat out Smith this year but I think he's the future at the LG spot... unless he does a great job at RT because Newton/Williams/Harris can't stay healthy. If that happens, then he could be hard to get out of that RT spot.

From what I've seen from Quess, I think he'd make a great RT but early on at the OTAs, they had him at LG.
I think Quess has a good chance of winning the RT spot this year. I don't know how Mondek or the other guy have progressed though, so I can't really say.

What I do know though is that Newton and Williams are both hurt and Williams had quite a few awful moments in pass protection in college.

I don't think Kubiak has any expectations like that. I think he drafts guys he likes and lets things sort themselves out. I think he had mentioned Brandon Brooks as a tackle at one point last year. Ben Jones got a lot og Reps at RG last year.

I believe he tries guys in different spots to see where they fit well. I don't think he's really set on any one thing unless he just believes a guy flat out can't do something.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote