View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013   #369
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Brown, Brooks, Myers, Jones, Williams
Risky for sure, because we have no idea how the gimpy Williams will play. But if he does earn that spot over Newton, that's great.

I think we focused too much on the right side of the line last year. The rotations & young players was a big part of that. But I think it took too much attention away from what was happening on the left side. Duane had a really good year, but we didn't see any of the dominating performances he spoiled us with in 2010 & 2011.

I don't think anyway. I don't think it's a cause for much concern, just mentioning, that's all.

Wade Smith, though he played better in 2012 than he did in 2011 I think he was far, far away from what we should expect on this line. He's declining. Specifically in the run game, still a fine pass blocker, but in the run game, we need to get better.

I didn't see Brandon Brooks play better in 2012, but I did see damn fine play & the foundation to be a better player in 2013.

I saw a starter in Ben Jones. A starter at RG. But most of us are looking at our line as if we only need to figure out RG & RT.

I agree with you steelb, we need to figure out LG, RG, & RT