View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013   #366
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Where are you getting the left side being the "power" side? Most teams put their more athletic linemen on the left and the more move bodies type of guys on the right.

The guys on the left are generally facing more athletic defenders like the weak olb or weak side DE. And the guys on the right more often have the TE on their side which means they'll be facing the run stopping defenders.

Teams generally run more to the right which is the side the TE lines up on more often. Generally. There's always exceptions, but for the most part you will see the better run blockers on the right and the more athletic/better pass blockers on the left.
I've no doubt in my mind that Wade Smith (in 2010) was a better run blocker & pass blocker than Mike Briesel. No doubt in my mind that he was (in 2010) less athletic yet stronger.

Though we saw Wade Smith pull & wrap around the RT from time to time, Briesel was the more athletic of the two.

For all I know, that's what we ran with, because that's what Kubiak had. He may've been dreaming of two Wade Smith's this whole time. But I like the idea of having the versatility of having a guy like Briesel/Ben Jones on Myers' right side.