View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013   #362
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The left side is your power side. Unless I'm totally wrong about Wade Smith, I can't wrap my head around putting Brooks anywhere but next to DBrown76. & with a lithe Ben Jones mopping up the second level.
Where are you getting the left side being the "power" side? Most teams put their more athletic linemen on the left and the more move bodies type of guys on the right.

The guys on the left are generally facing more athletic defenders like the weak olb or weak side DE. And the guys on the right more often have the TE on their side which means they'll be facing the run stopping defenders.

Teams generally run more to the right which is the side the TE lines up on more often. Generally. There's always exceptions, but for the most part you will see the better run blockers on the right and the more athletic/better pass blockers on the left.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote