View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013   #355
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
That's outstanding news. I really like Tim Jamison and HOPE that he can come back and be the player that he was pre-injury. CND, maybe you could give us an opinion on long term prognosis for DE coming back from an achilles tear. I imagine it depends of the severity of the tear but what do you figure the odds are that he's able to get back to being the high quality rotational DE that he was pre-injury? Thanks for the info..

In the only study ever reported in NFL players with ruptured Achilles tendons, DTs and DEs had the lowest power rating drop offs of all positions. These were listed at 65% and 55% decrease, respectively. As I've stated in the past, this study had its limitations and the decreases are probably less today because of a combination of improved surgical repair techniques and rehab protocols, but still relatively high. And those that don't return at all to play in a regular season game, although quoted in the study at 31%, that number still has not probably dropped today below 25%. We unfortunately will not learn much of anything as to what Jamison has to offer or not before the season begins.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote