View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan David Quessenberry's Truck Stolen

We had two vehicles stolen when we lived in LA: a silver '86 Buick Regal (that was an awesome car) and a red '89 Jeep Cherokee.

The Cherokee was stolen on Christmas day when we'd been in LA for about 3 months and we were still in a temporary apartment. The police found the car the next day and caught the guy driving around in it. Some stuff had been taken off and the radio was gone but we got the thing back in excellent condition and the insurance actually gave us enough money to upgrade the radio and add an alarm system (which we didn't have prior to that.) The guy's enchilada dinner was still in the back seat.

The Regal was stolen from my work parking garage downtown. The car was found just outside of Barstow and looked like it had been ridden through the desert hard. The radiator was broken, the engine block was cracked, the whole car was fried. There were blue dew rags in the back floorboard so we assume it was a bunch of Crips.

Found out that at the time (early 90's), the Buick Regal was the car of choice for gang-bangers in South Central. We bought another, older, used Cherokee after that and that was the car I drove whenever I was spending time in Hollywood, South Central, or Downtown or anywhere like that.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote