View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013   #22
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans fans activate! Bum Phillips Opera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Wish I could donate, but in a sort of financially tight period right now. I'll be in a better position in a month or so, but time is tight so not sure if this will still be available.

Is there any way that you can get this story to one of his former players? Heck, even one of the current Houston Texans players for that matter! If they could just donate an amount equal to a night out would make a big difference.
Gave it to Pastorini on Facebook and he sent it to a ton of people. I'm hoping to reach out to some players too, and maybe some folks at the NFL offices.

Also hoping to do some sort of push on radio stations, where you can more directly ask people to do something right that moment.

Just my article has been shared 144 times.

But the deal is that it is much easier to share something that sounds cool than it is to get people 1. that have some extra money 2. to take the time to make this happen.

The sales term is "conversion."

I have tried to get various media outlets interested in this. And they've come through because it is a crazy fantastic idea.

But the hard part is to get people to act. Especially when we are just 7% of the goal. Sometimes once you get the ball rolling, it keeps going, but I'm not sure if this can get done.

The way I figure it is this:

The Astrodome is likely going to get razed.

The idea of a Bum/Earl statue isn't close.

But this is something that could actually happen. And I know talking to Bum that he is delighted in the idea, he just thinks it's great that some fellows from Texas thought about doing this. The first guy in any sort of football at all that has an OPERA written about him.

Just seems to me in all of Texas, we should be able to get more than 9 people to donate something.