View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown has emergency ankle bone spur removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I believe I detect a hint of sarcasm. I would have to ask you how many Texans player "minor" surgeries have ended up with returns sooner than projected.

The problem today is that with the introduction of minimally invasive and arthroscopic surgeries applicable to more and more types of problems, it is easy to try to equate these "minor" surgeries to minor recoveries. The smaller incisions lend themselves only to less trauma, and do have a positive effect on the recovery. The structures manipulated inside are the major determinants to recovery.

Keep in mind that, for example, bone spurs are not spontaneous tumors such as fatty tumors. Bone spurs in the ankle are growths that occur as a result of repetitive trauma to the joint, with loss of cartilage where the bare bone beneath (already arthritic) grows and heaps up abnormally (a spur). Shaving the spur will typically relieve the pain for a while, and stop the rubbing of this projection into other tissues (including the apposing joint surface) that it would otherwise eventually destroy. Whatever damage has been done is not reversed. Mainly, further damage is delayed.

You really need to change your name to RayOfSunshine.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote