View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013   #16
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL.com ranks top 40 WRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Can you expound a little?

Neither usually refers to two choices. I mentioned three. Which 2 of the 3 are you saying never suffered a major injury?

How is 768 yards, 4 TDs, & 11.2 avg impressive? I don't see where the QB factors in.

& even if that somehow makes sense, what's it got to do with the premium one season affords him over Andre?

I think it's unrealistic.
Fitz and Smith haven't had the rash of injuries that AJ has had. Thought it was pretty obvious since we all know AJ has missed plenty of time in the last 2-3 years.

Fitz had Skelton , Smith has Newton, AJ has Schaub
Which one of those three would make catching the ball MOST difficult. 768 yards, 4 TDs, & 11.2 avg is impressive when John Skelton is your starting QB.

"Fitzgerald is a probable first-ballot Hall of Famer one year removed from a 1,400-yard season with John Skelton as his quarterback. I can't blame anyone for preferring a young stud such as Green or Jones, but I think Fitzgerald has earned the benefit of the doubt. ..."

"I wanted to leave Smith in the first tier, but he wasn't quite as explosive (early season knee injury?) after the catch or separating from coverage as he was in 2011. Now 34 years old, Smith could be entering the slow fade. ..."

"This is not meant to be a mere reflection of raw 2012 statistics. These rankings are based purely on projected impact for the 2013 season. As such, aging players might have been demoted to reflect the possibility of a sharp decline while breakout candidates have been bumped a few spots as they threaten to reach the next level."

The author is obviously forecasting a decline in AJ's performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote