View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013   #83
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Posey tore his Achilles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
What do we know about Demariyius Thomas' Achilles? Was it a complete rupture? How does it compare to Devier's?

I'm googling, this is the first thing I found

How long was Posey in a boot?
First of all I find it somewhat curious that Thomas would say "I had to wear a boot for six to eight weeks." Most players would certainly remember that experience to be quite specific when answering that question.

Typically, a boot is worn most of the time for ~12 weeks because this is the time when a tendon's healing strength is universally deemed adequate. Seldom will a surgeon compromise this period.

Thomas' broken pinkie would not have kept him out for an extra 6 weeks. His fracture was simply pinned. Football players are typically returned to play within 2-3 weeks.

Lastly, once he returned, his production was virtually worthless before week 13 sometime in the beginning of December.

As the Broncos were originally struggling over the question of placing him on reserve PUP, they would have been much better off putting him on PUP to begin with.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote