View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013   #41
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed may miss games now

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So you agree? Surely you don't think $4M/yr is too much for Quin?

I (like the Texans probably did) like him. I think he would have blew up in year 3 as our safety in this system. Nigh Pro Bowl, All-Pro. The chances of him being the guy we need in year 3 of this system & Ed Reed (much respect, don't get me wrong, but your medical diagnoses is part of the reason) being that guy is pretty much the same... maybe slight edge to GQ.

I think $4M/yr is about what the average starter should get (so I think Quin would have been a steal). 22 starters x $4M/yr, that's only $88M. With a $120M cap, that leaves you with $32M to sign your franchise players & the rest of your 53.

Say Antonio Smith's $9M number. $4M would come from the $88M we accounted for our starters, $5M from the $32M, leaving you $27M for your Schaubs, Andres, Arians, DBrowns etc...

Of course not all our starters make $4M.... the number is just an average, where I'm saying a starter should be making $4M. Our RT, RG, FB, WR2, TE2, ILB(next to Cushing), NT, OLB(Not named Whitney), etc..... won't be making $4M/yr.

Quin is worth $4M/yr easily in my mind.
I was sad when Quin was allowed to walk.

The points that were made against keeping him were topped by:
1)his "limitations" at his position
2)his "limitations" regarding his peak
3)Reed could be an on-field coach

I would have to counter with:
1)Reed certainly showed limitations at his position last year (and now the hip leaves us with more questions)
2)Reed's peek days are behind him and can only trend towards decline
3)If we wanted another secondary coach, we could get the best for $3-400,000

It appears that if the Texans really wanted to keep Quin, it could have probably happened.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote