View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ed Reed may miss games now

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The Lions gave him a $23 mil/5 year contract. But the only guaranteed money was the $1.5 mil signing bonus x each of the 5 years (total of $5.25 mil). His base salary for this year was only $1 mil (cap hit....$2.5 mil). It then escalates to $4 mil/year for the next 4 years though).
So you agree? Surely you don't think $4M/yr is too much for Quin?

I (like the Texans probably did) like him. I think he would have blew up in year 3 as our safety in this system. Nigh Pro Bowl, All-Pro. The chances of him being the guy we need in year 3 of this system & Ed Reed (much respect, don't get me wrong, but your medical diagnoses is part of the reason) being that guy is pretty much the same... maybe slight edge to GQ.

I think $4M/yr is about what the average starter should get (so I think Quin would have been a steal). 22 starters x $4M/yr, that's only $88M. With a $120M cap, that leaves you with $32M to sign your franchise players & the rest of your 53.

Say Antonio Smith's $9M number. $4M would come from the $88M we accounted for our starters, $5M from the $32M, leaving you $27M for your Schaubs, Andres, Arians, DBrowns etc...

Of course not all our starters make $4M.... the number is just an average, where I'm saying a starter should be making $4M. Our RT, RG, FB, WR2, TE2, ILB(next to Cushing), NT, OLB(Not named Whitney), etc..... won't be making $4M/yr.

Quin is worth $4M/yr easily in my mind.