View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013   #49
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top 20 Players in the AFC South, Texans with 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
You just said it all Doc - This is a QB driven league.
To reiterate, the Texans would trade Watt for Luck (or RG3), in a heartbeat.
Rick Smith or Gary Kubiak or Bob McNair would never admit that of course, nor would they ever get the opportunity to make that deal because the Colts (or the Redskins) would never make that trade if given the opportunity.
Anybody who doesn't understand this needs to go back and take the remedial course in NFL 101. The thing is it's almost impossible to overstate the value of a "franchise QB" in the NFL.
Since this premise (that the Texans would trade Watt for Luck straight up) - as well as my opposing one (the Texans would NOT make that trade) - are equally unproveable I guess we'll have to call this a draw.

I'll reiterate, Watt is a demonstrated talent, who as the season progressed became the one guy who had to be game planned for ...and STILL he exceled. He may well be the first Texan into the Hall of Fame (I know, I know... it should be A.J. but the HoF voters seem to diss WRs)

Luck is a could-be/should be star who was drafted high, with much ballyhoo, but, stat-wise anyway, was kind of a bust.

As someone else pointed out, premier pass-rushers are just as hard to come by as premier passers. Whether you'd trade one to get the other straight up (thereby leaving a big@$$ hole no matter which one you lose) is a function of where your team is perceived to be lacking.

Kubiak & McNair seem to have faith in Schaub. At the moment. I doubt they'd trade Watt for Luck at this point in time.

If we still had Carr as our starter, you'd have a much better argument.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote