View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Steph,

I hear that Newton looks like the Goodyear blimp. In my previous posts, I mentioned that a patellar tendon rupture surgery is not an easy recovery, especially in an already heavy player like a lineman. It can be a total deal breaker when that player due to inactivity allows himself to gain a very large amount of weight. I have heard that Newton is up around 345-350 pounds. Can you comment on this?
I can't say I'm a good judge of that sort of thing. At some point, a big man is a big man. He's a pretty tall dude so he has places to put weight.

Will say he doesn't look close to me.

Brennan Williams has been doing some work on side field, doing intervals on the stationary bike on the sideline that has the arm handles too. Under supervision. He does that during practice. So it isn't just riding the bike, he goes faster than they usually go, then he ices up the knee.

With Duane Brown out for a while, they are going to get a good look at all their healthy tackles.