View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013   #70
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 3/1 Brennan Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Hmmmm... see I was looking at the draft grade thing from a different angle. I was thinking the grade represented
(1) how well our team did addressing a need,
(2) how well the draftee fit that need, and
(3) how that draftee stacked up against all the other folks available who could have filled said need.

And you can make those assessments without the draftee ever having played a single down.
I don't think you CAN make those assessments until after the player has played. You can make predictions but they're only how you, personally, feel about the players. And that's what the draft grade ends up being... what YOU think the needs are, how YOU think the draftees fill those needs, and how YOU think other players that were available would have fit better.

Personally, this year I would have rated the ILB a higher priority than Smithiak did and I would have gone after an ILB... but I can't really say how these guys would have fit into Wade's schemes and I couldn't really say whether moving Brooks Reed to the middle was an option.

After seeing the way our draft fell, it looks to me like moving Brooks Reed inside was part of the plan all along. That's not the way I would have played it but I'm OK with that strategy.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote