View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ed Reed may miss games now

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...r-season-games
Quote:
Reed could still easily end up being ready for Week 1, but it's safe to say he would have never gotten his three-year, $15 million deal had the Texans known the true extent of his injury.

I don't know, necessarily, that it's safe to say that. Unless we're playing the New England Patriots week 1, it's possible we couldn't care less.

I'm sure the Texans are upset & probably feeling "violated" at this time. But we're not expecting Ed Reed to roam from sideline to sideline 20+ yards out game in & game out. We want him to bring some swagger & notoriety to our secondary & an extra half second for Jj Watt when it counts.

If the Texans had to chose between signing Ed Reed to $15M/3 years or Ed Reed retiring, I think they would have gone the same way. But still, they would have liked to have known all this before hand so they could work out their story, probably add a few stipulations to where Reed would do his rehab, that kind of stuff.