View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Kubiak #13 in NFL.com's Coaches Power Rankings

I don't know enough about the other coaches around the NFL to intelligently rank Kubiak. IMO, he's a very good guy at the X and O level. I also think he connects with his players very well. I do not like his in-game management. His clock management is awful at times. His playcalling is brilliant at times, but stagnates and becomes too predictable when it matters most. He's gotten better at the challenge, thankfully. I also think he's the key figure responsible for the inability to come from behind, whether that be due to his player selection, play calling, or strategy. I frequently question his player selection and development in certain areas, as well as his ability to adapt to his players' strengths. Finally, I feel that he is, like many coaches, loyal to a fault. Richard Smith and Frank Bush were good examples of this, and Marciano may well be the latest example.

I don't think I have an issue with him being ranked #13. He's going to have to improve in order for the team to win a Super Bowl, but he's good enough that some might think he's capable of making that jump. I know people will point to his record over the past two years, but it doesn't mean much, really. The Oilers had seven straight seasons of a head coach putting up good win totals and that never even resulted in a conference championship game, much less a Super Bowl.

Again, JMO.