View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013   #10
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown has emergency ankle bone spur removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I'm not sure that I understand your last statement......."but it isn't his ankle."

Nevertheless, even when you have "impingement," you can usually walk without a limp or ride a Segway. You will many times have significant problems only when you put the foot in strained dorsiflexion (as an OT must always do when he forcefully pushes off) that it reveals itself. That's why it is commonly referred to as "football ankle."

If the ankle begins to impinge, the problem becomes emergent, much like a knee that begins locking up or giving out. You are correct, I should have not used the word "emergency" as in the type of case where a person is bleeding out and needs to be taken to surgery immediately. I appreciate your comments.

Oh, I was just meaning to say that Kubiak didn't seem overly concerned but that it wasn't Kubiak's ankle. You know, it's *minor* surgery if it is done to somebody else.

It sounded more like a pain issue over a while versus an impingement, but because of timing, they wanted to deal with now instead of wondering about it during the season.

But I saw the headline of this thread and it sounded more alarming than what I thought Kubiak was saying about it.