View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 219370 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 3/1 Brennan Williams

Yeah. I had an issue with grading a draft for awhile.

But then I realized what the real purpose of it is. It's a way for someone to say, "I think this group of players is going to perform at such and such a level based on my expectations. I think that this team improved itself based on my perception of the team's needs and the players' abilities." It's a way for someone to say, "I think these teams improved and these teams got worse."

I don't see anything wrong with that. It's a totally subjective grade (as most grades on players and drafts are even after all the players have played out their careers.) After 3 or 4 years, you can still grade it but it's still going to be subjective and different people are still going to come out with wildly different grades.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote