View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013   #296
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Thanks, but that doesn't help.

Is 8 months the baseline, which would be August? If he's truly ahead of schedule, would that mean before August (it would if 8 months is the baseline)

If he's ready to participate in practice in October, is that "ahead of schedule"

That's all I'm trying to do, establish a baseline.
I don't consider him ahead of schedule. Rather, ifs there is any truth to his present status, he would be considered on schedule. Eight months would be a reasonable time to expect him to be back on the contact field. But closer to 10-12 months would still probably be the more realistic time to expect him to become "contributory."

Taking everything I know at this point, including likely having a WR corps that is expected to be (barring injury) more solid than last year going into the beginning of the season, I would tend to feel more comfortable putting him on PUP and letting him re-strengthen his muscles and tendon to the max before putting out there "for real."

As with Brennan who was to be back by last OTA, then this week, then mini-camp.........now, hopefully, he'll be back for TC..........

There is a big difference between participating in "window dressing" activities and being thrown into the next level, let alone real game bullets........and that is where there is real separation in injury "recovery"
between one player and another.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote