View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans Garbage Time Strategy........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Can you look at the times we were in 3rd and 10 or longer and ran the ball and then do a comparison.

I didn't say we never threw the ball. What I was saying is that I'd like to see Kubiak let Schaub and the offense try to make a play more often.
I think that was the case either when we had the lead or it was early in the game. I don't think it was Kubiak not trusting Schaub, it was Schaub not taking the chance.

Kubiak said as much in one of his interviews. It got to be such a joke, I think it was McClain, most likely Warner, that asked. He told them we were in "such & such" a situation so many times I called this play or that play... once there was a penalty, twice Matt checked it to a run, & they got the play off once (for a big gain & I think that's the way the question was framed, "why don't we see that more often")

Matt looks at the defense before the snap & if we're in good position (score or time wise) he won't take the chance.

I only hope that next year they work a HB screen into the "audibles" y'know. Sometimes they run the draw (there was a time when I used to say, "We never run the draw"), sometimes they run the screen, sometimes Schaub snaps the ball & sees what happens (like you said, he can always throw it away).