View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013   #18
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Garbage Time Strategy........

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That kinda makes it sound like we never do.

Against the Dolphins with the score 3-3 and a 3rd and 10 at the Texan 46. Schaub completes a 24 yard pass to AJ. Against the Broncos up 7-5 and a 3rd and 11 at the Bronco 49, Schaub completes an 18 yard pass to Martin. With the score 21-8 and a 3rd and 8 at the Denver 49, Schaub completes a 10 yard pass to OD.

I only looked at the first 2.5 games and I only included times when Schaub completed the pass on a 3rd down with more than 6 yards to go. He threw for more than that; he came up short a couple of times.

I know there's this big feeling that we never try to pick up a 3rd and long and we do play it safe a lot of the time, but it's not like we never try to complete something that's going to get us a first down.
Can you look at the times we were in 3rd and 10 or longer and ran the ball and then do a comparison.

I didn't say we never threw the ball. What I was saying is that I'd like to see Kubiak let Schaub and the offense try to make a play more often.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote