View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Garbage Time Strategy........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't think Kubiak trusts Schaub enough. Not that he thinks Schaub isn't good enough, but I think he should give him more opportunities to keep drives alive even when the odds are against him. Just trust him to throw the ball away of just take what the defense is giving him.

He can still do his patented draw on 3rd and long....But just occasionally lets see if Schaub can actually throw us out of those situations...
That kinda makes it sound like we never do.

Against the Dolphins with the score 3-3 and a 3rd and 10 at the Texan 46. Schaub completes a 24 yard pass to AJ. Against the Broncos up 7-5 and a 3rd and 11 at the Bronco 49, Schaub completes an 18 yard pass to Martin. With the score 21-8 and a 3rd and 8 at the Denver 49, Schaub completes a 10 yard pass to OD.

I only looked at the first 2.5 games and I only included times when Schaub completed the pass on a 3rd down with more than 6 yards to go. He threw for more than that; he came up short a couple of times.

I know there's this big feeling that we never try to pick up a 3rd and long and we do play it safe a lot of the time, but it's not like we never try to complete something that's going to get us a first down.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote