View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013   #282
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I appreciate your whole post. But along the lines of "the information that has been released thus far...... "

That also includes Posey getting on the field next week & being "ahead of schedule"

Doesn't that point to less than a complete tear?
Not necessarily. For one, when I see "ahead of schedule," I tend to break into a sweat. Secondly, if I were allowed, I could be "getting on the field" next to Posey during mini-camp. What will he be doing while "on the field" is the question. At almost 5 months, light running on the field is not miraculous. Deon Hall had his Achilles re-attached in November of 2012, was doing light running by 4 months and backpedaling and coning before 5 months. But he was not medically cleared thereafter for OTAs or mini-camps. He was finally released just prior to TC, 8 months post surgery.

So much is made about truly early return of players from severe injuries such as Achilles tendon tears that we fail to appreciate that most players still follow the older established recovery times. There is a very good reason that many very good physicians do not take the chance with their Achilles patients to return too early just to say that they were "ahead of schedule." As serious an injury as a primary rupture can be, those 5% that go on to re-rupture can be catastrophic. But I'll be waiting just like you to see what really happens.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote