View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Garbage Time Strategy........

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
in comparison to all other teams. It is evident from this very interesting breakdown I found by PROFOOTBALLFOCUS that not only are the Texans near the top of the "conservative" play list of the NFL under "normal" circumstances, but also that they become more conservative in garbage time........even when behind.

It begs the question if going forward, as the NFL distinctly has transformed more and more into a "passing league," if this will leave us in the dust as a modern day dinosaur.
I don't think Kubiak trusts Schaub enough. Not that he thinks Schaub isn't good enough, but I think he should give him more opportunities to keep drives alive even when the odds are against him. Just trust him to throw the ball away of just take what the defense is giving him.

He can still do his patented draw on 3rd and long....But just occasionally lets see if Schaub can actually throw us out of those situations...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote